Hampton University MARC Program - Eligibility
Each year interested PreMARC students will apply during the spring semester of their sophomore year to the MARC Scholarship Program. The MARC Program Steering Committee will then select 2-4 applicants to participate in the MARC Scholars program based on the criteria below:
- Strong commitment to matriculation into either a PhD or MD/PhD program in biomedical sciences upon completion of the Bachelor degree and strong commitment to a research career in biomedical sciences.
- Participation and completion of the preMARC program and curriculum.
- U.S. citizen, noncitizen national or permanent resident.
- Full-time sophomore with a major in biology, biochemistry, mathematics, or chemical engineering.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.3.
- Submission of two strong letters of recommendation.
Please contact Dr. Cecile Andraos-Selim, HU MARC Program Director, Associate Professor of Biology, Department of Biological Sciences; DU117; 757-727-5015; email@example.com